Our Educational Model
The 6 Keys to Success
Our instructional approach is rooted in direct instruction. We specifically use the Explicit Direct Instruction methods.
- A world language is taught at all grade levels
- Art is taught at all grade levels
- The physical education program reinforces the health and well-being of each student by addressing lifetime fitness habits and skills.
- A character program encouraging leadership and productive citizens.
- A counseling program supporting the emotional development of all students.
- Literacy intervention classes are embedded in curriculum to support struggling students.
Teachers and staff are vital components in the decision-making process. We are committed to being life-long learners who participate throughout the year in professional staff development and professional learning communities. Structured time is provided in the school schedule, so teachers and staff can work together in planning instruction, observing each other’s classrooms, and sharing feedback.
- Early student dismissal on Friday provides time for Professional Learning Community (PLC)/Professional Development (PD).
- We provide opportunities for teachers to develop as progressive educators by encouraging them to attend conferences and seek other development opportunities.
In order to have a complete picture of each student’s growth, we use multiple assessment tools to track all students longitudinally as they progress through each grade. Data from assessments enable teachers to continually adapt their curriculum, instructional strategies, and content delivery to ensure individual student academic growth and achievement.
The Key Educational Group believes that academic program success is reliant on attaining the highest standard of quality for each of the “Six Keys to Success"
We promote small schools with low-student-to-teacher ratios allowing our faculty and staff to focus on building relationships with each individual and reducing conflicts and violence in the school. Teachers get to know their students’ weaknesses and strengths and are able to promote each student’s academic and social success.
- Our whole child approach includes character education.
- Our schools implement the “Love and Logic” Discipline Management System.
Character & Values
We have high expectations for members of our learning community. This includes the students, staff, administration, and parents. We will foster everyone's development to reach his or her highest potential.
- Students are prepared to exercise a strong public service ethic and take action to create a more just, humane and sustainable world.
- Counselors support students’ social and emotional development.
- Character education is embedded in the school culture.
Parents & Community
The program would not be complete without the involvement of parents. Parents are vital to student success and we strive to promote positive relationships between parents and staff members. We encourage parental involvement by hosting parent informational meetings and family nights, and creating opportunities for parents to volunteer at the school. We work with parents who want to start and operate a parent teacher organization (PTO) and other parent support groups at school sites.
- We conduct frequent “parent university” events.
- We host monthly family BBQ and other social events.
- We frequently survey and solicit feedback to drive change and improvement.